It appears that just possibly -- maybe, just maybe -- something is not right with my starter. What do you think? The good news is that it had the faintest taste of sourdough. The bad news is that it had the consistency of the wad of dried play dough I found under my buffet last week. So, I'm still feeding my starter and plan to try it again this weekend. I think my house may be a little too cool and it is taking longer for the starter to get started. It's either that or I am a completely hopeless baker!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Laugh with me, ya'll!
So, last weekend I tried out my sourdough starter. This is what I got:
It appears that just possibly -- maybe, just maybe -- something is not right with my starter. What do you think? The good news is that it had the faintest taste of sourdough. The bad news is that it had the consistency of the wad of dried play dough I found under my buffet last week. So, I'm still feeding my starter and plan to try it again this weekend. I think my house may be a little too cool and it is taking longer for the starter to get started. It's either that or I am a completely hopeless baker!
It appears that just possibly -- maybe, just maybe -- something is not right with my starter. What do you think? The good news is that it had the faintest taste of sourdough. The bad news is that it had the consistency of the wad of dried play dough I found under my buffet last week. So, I'm still feeding my starter and plan to try it again this weekend. I think my house may be a little too cool and it is taking longer for the starter to get started. It's either that or I am a completely hopeless baker!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment