Last weekend, however, I did put up a few more decorations. The tree now has a bow on the top and the skirt is out (but no ornaments -- too many little fingers to pull them off). Betty B. got me a pointsetta, which adds a nice splash of color to our entertainment center. I also put our garland up on the mantle and hung the stockings. I think we're out of room.
After taking the picture, I did put some of my favorite ornaments (the Danberry Mint ones that come from my mom that a lot of you would recognize) up on the mantle. So, we have all of seven ornaments out this year. Maybe Hannah and I will decorate the tree on Christmas Eve and take the ornaments down on Christmas evening. We'll just have to see if I feel like being the mediator between the boys (and cat) and the tree for 24 hours.I must say, I'm glad I forced myself to get the stuff out. It has helped my mood a little. And yesterday I went and spent the day shopping in Raleigh with a friend (and had a lovely time, by the way). I finished almost all of my shopping (especially since I came home and stayed up ordering everything I couldn't find in store). I got three things wrapped today while Lucy laid on the floor next to me cooing. Then I ran out of steam. They'll still be there later.
Maybe I'll have to break out White Christmas and see if that helps put me in the right frame of mind for Christmas. How can you not be in the Christmas spirit if Bing is singing to you?
No comments:
Post a Comment