Friday, December 19, 2008

One down...

So, as of Wednesday, Jeremy was deployed for one month. Only 5 more to go until R&R (I can't bring myself to think of an entire year like this, so I'm choosing to focus on just making it to R&R). It has been, without a doubt, the longest month of my life. I will say, however, that in the last week things have gotten a bit easier. We're in a routine now. The weekends really suck, though. That was when Jeremy was home the most and we went and did things. Evenings really bothered me at first, too, but I seem to have adjusted to those. Hopefully the weekends will get easier as time goes by.

So, one of my coping mechanisms has been to work out a lot. I run my elliptical at least 6 days a week and try to do arms (push-ups and tricep dips) and abs every day. I'm planning on picking up a set of barbells soon so that I can start doing the weight lifting that I used to go to a class for. This works for me for two reasons:

1. I'm physically tired at the end of the day and fall asleep easier.
2. Makes me feel better physically and releases lots of those good endorphins, so I just feel better on a whole.

As a result, I have lost 7 pounds since Jeremy left. My pants are all getting baggy. My abdominals are in the best shape they have ever been in (now I just need to get rid of the little bit of padding left over from my pregnancy that is covering them up). When I get to 10 pounds lost I get to go sky diving (although, I'm don't want to go until it warms up a bit)! I'm definitely looking forward to that!

So, here I go, keeping on keeping busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment