Saturday, December 20, 2008

My latest knitting project and my pokey little puppy.

I'm impatiently waiting for my parents to arrive here tonight with Hannah. It has been too long since I've seen her and I just cannot wait for her to get here. So, to bide the time, I thought I would update here.

Last weekend I FINALLY finished the hat that I started knitting for Ross two months ago. I had to get it done, because his old hat just did not fit him anymore. (On a side note, it hasn't been cool enough for him to need it since I finished it -- go figure. It was in the 70's today.) He is too stinking cute in this thing! I love that the tassels sway back and forth when he runs around. And they are really easy to knit -- an excellent 1st hat for a beginning knitter. You just knit in the round enough stitches to fit around the head and until it is long enough and then do a double bind off. It is seriously simple, but oh so cute!

And what is Ross so intently playing with in these pictures? Scraps of the yarn from the hat. He and Reid repeatedly "decorated" the tree with the scraps. In fact, I think I got a good four hours (yes FOUR hours) of entertainment for the boys out of the scrap yarn over the course of about 2 days.


And about my pokey little puppy...that would be Ross. I'm calling him this because the book The Pokey Little Puppy is the only place I have ever heard rice pudding referenced. On a whim a few weeks ago I made a batch of rice pudding. I've never had it in my life. It was really quite simple and oh so good. Ross LOVED it! He polished off two bowl fulls at dinner the night I made and managed to not get a single drop on his bib or face -- he wasn't about to waste this stuff. Grandma B. made some a week later and he was all over it again. So, tonight I made another batch for him. He'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow when he finds out that is on the menu for dessert. Interestingly, Reid won't touch the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment