Sunday, June 29, 2008

Starting our celebrations a bit early!

Tonight there was a NC Symphony Orchestra concert and fireworks at the downtown amphitheatre. We took the kids to this last year and we all really enjoyed it, so we decided to go again this year. We packed up the camping chairs and some snacks and enjoyed the nice weather (it was humid, but there was a nice breeze).

Reid even sang along when the crowd joined in a chorus of "God Bless America". Now, I'm not exactly sure what verse he was singing, but it was cute none the less.

I cannot really tell you much about the fireworks. It is interesting to note that, as a parent, I was too busy watching the kids reactions to the fireworks to actually pay attention to them.



Of course, all this fun was after a busy day playing in the pool. Those kids should be ready for a nap tomorrow. We'll have to get them rested up for the big Fort Bragg celebration on the 4th! Now, I know those will be some good fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment