

(And, no, we don't have concrete yet. Hopefully early this week...)Yesterday morning we hung out around the house and, of course, swam (Jeremy & I even got to swim by ourselves while the kids napped). After the boys napped, we headed over to post for the 4th of July festivities. It was HOT, but fortunately there was a nice breeze all day. My hands and feet did swell up terribly, though. I was silly enough to buy the boys a cherry snow cone, in spite of the fact that they both had on white shirts. They made a lovely mess of it, but enjoyed it, so I suppose the possible stains are worth it. There was a demonstration by the Golden Knights that Hannah was particularly interested in. It did sprinkle on us a little and there was a bit of thunder and lightening at one point, so the fireworks were delayed pretty late. Ross was so tired he slept through them and Reid had a hard time paying attention. They were really good, though. I think Fort Bragg is probably one of the best places to celebrate the 4th. Hey, there aren't many places where the fireworks have artillery with them!

And I just liked this picture! The sky was beautiful last night while we were listening to the 82nd military band.
No comments:
Post a Comment