Sunday, July 27, 2008

Poop & sleep!

So, Reid has now pooped on the potty four (yes, FOUR) nights in a row. Now, we've had some accidents earlier in the day, but each evening after dinner he has done his business. The trick? He gets a kick out of flushing it down the potty. Jeremy has to sit in the bathroom with him, too, and Reid uses his little potty (which he has, generally, not liked using). I'm not sure what I'm going to do tonight, since Jeremy is out of town for work...I hate to break our lucky streak! Things seem to be getting a bit better in the potty training department, though I should mention that he pooped in the public pool last week (not 3 minutes after I got him dressed and told him that if he needed to poop he had to do it in the potty, not the pool). We'll get there eventually!

And yesterday was a sleep nightmare! It took 3+ hours to get the two of them to sleep. Each time I'd get Ross down, Reid would wake him up. And Ross TRASHED the room -- I ended up having to fold every stinking piece of clothing in the room. My nerves (and patience) were completely shot by this, so I headed off to the commissary by myself after dinner (and purposely took my time so that I got home after bedtime). Apparently Jeremy had just as much fun putting the kids to bed. I had to make him a margarita when I got home. Today Reid is napping in my bedroom while Ross is in his big bed. Once again, Reid woke Ross up TWICE before I removed him from the room. I'm not sure what to do about that, though my first instinct (that I'm not following) is to muzzle him before I lie him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment